Pages


Folks You Can Trust

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This weekend I stopped by Beck’s Florist to pick up some Mother’s Day flowers for my wife. As is often the case, all the nice folks at Beck’s and I were soon discussing their past Sherman’s purchases and what they’d need soon. I love to hear about what customers do and don’t like about their purchases, so I can pass that along to our sales staff and improve their ability to help customers select the right products. And more than the products, they said they really liked the fact that their salesperson recognized them whenever they came in, even if it had been a year since their last purchase. While we spend a lot of time and effort having the right products and prices, I guess there just isn’t any substitute for dealing with a person you know and trust. My wife and I always want a good deal, but all else being equal we end up buying at a place we trust the people. That’s why I buy my flowers at Beck’s, and I’m glad to hear that it’s the reason people shop at Sherman’s.

0 comments: